Saturday 28 March 2015

A Flight to Seek

"Come fly with me" said one, and away it flew after looking up at me for a brief moment. Admiring the beauty of his fluid flight, I looked at his partner. She sat there, perched atop a tree that looked barely alive.
Moonlight made her snowy wings glisten and she looked divine and beautiful. I had this urge of tending to her. Perhaps cuddle her, pet her, feed them both daily. But the food for the owls are best left for them to seek for no one can see their prey better than the owl himself. The silent navigator through the mysteries of great nights, an owl is the silent achiever. "He is usually that brief, I apologise. Do come, dear, fly with us, great heights can be scaled should you so choose! Through nights alone can you dwell in the glory of a dawn! Seek within yourself. You know what you seek, now, don't you honey?"
She kept looking at me for many minutes before she followed the first owl and flew away.
Do I know what I seek?
I kept wondering.
I seek what we all seek: food, clothes, a job, a family etc. Isn't this what we all need?

Need... A tricky word.
How do we ascertain what we need? More than often we presume that something we want is something we need.

What do we need?

I don't know, I realised. Perhaps I should fly through the night and search...

No comments:

Post a Comment